Friday 1 March 2013

Welcome!

Hello everyone - welcome to my blog!

I started this blog because I want to share some of the special things in my life with you.

It will be a celebration of life. Something to cheer your heart on a rainy day and inspire you to embrace the beauty in your own life.

The name comes from the strong connection I feel with stars - they are a constant thing of beauty, reminding me that I am never alone.

So how will this celebration of life work?

I've recently discovered party decorating. I've been involved in many events in the past, but only in the last few years have I discovered that I particularly love the decorating part. Which means I work perfectly with my family - my mum is great at food and catering and my older sister makes beautiful cakes. Go team! Younger sis will have to become an activity expert or something and then we have it all covered! Although she does love the photography part.

In the first few blogs I will catch you up on recent events I have helped with, including a vintage style wedding morning tea, a rainbow sixteenth party and a jungle themed first birthday.

After that - well whatever happens happens. I am already booked to host several events this year - I'm the Church Social Committee leader - so expect to see more event pics. But intermingled will also be other celebrations. I go camping a lot, so probably some camping posts with pictures of natural beauty. I am moving house this month also so it will be great to share my nesting adventure. Plus I am a big science and drama fan, so those will likely feature at some point. :)

In a true celebration of life, I will see where the wind takes me. I hope you join me in this party and are reminded of the creative, beautiful, special things that make your life happy.

A final thought for today, for what is more beautiful than knowing you are treasured:

"Now therefore, if you will obey My voice indeed; and keep My covenant, then you shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people." Exodus 19:5 (KJV)

Just to drive it home:
A peculiar treasure - A costly possession acquired with exertion, and carefully guarded.

Yup, that's you. Valuable. How is that for something to celebrate?!

1 comment:

  1. Hey there, lil sis! A blog, how hurrahful! And such pretty posts, too :o) Looking forward to seeing the pictures and being able to direct people here so I can brag about how awesome my sister is at decorating O:) :D heeeeee.

    <3

    ReplyDelete